III. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
We collect very little personal information about our users. A non-exhaustive list of the “Personal Information” OC may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your name, date of birth, username, email address, and location. This lets us create your account, provide you with convenient and personalized access to your account, and deliver and support the App. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the App, software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance (including providing account verification support if you’re having difficultly accessing your account). This information also allows us to effectively identify you for purposes of directing you to appropriate legal counsel in your geographic area, if need be.
- Information generated during your use of the App. This may include but is not limited to your telephone number (Android devices) and Unique Device Identifier “UDID” (iOS devices) for the sole purpose of organizing uploaded recordings and verifying appropriate use of promotional codes. Phone numbers and UDID’s will not, under any circumstance be disclosed or shared with third parties without your express written consent.
- Information about the App and how it is used. This information helps us deliver and support the App and respond to your requests for assistance. We also collect this information to improve our understanding of how our users use the App.
- OC’s App also collects and receives information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform within your account, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system, phone model, or browser). When you use the App, the App will request access to certain information on your device. Gathering this kind of information helps us administer the App, provide convenient and personalized user access, improve the features and usability of the App, analyze user trends and information about users’ use of our App, collect information about use the App on different devices and in different locations, and evaluate the content and organization of our App.
IV. SHARING OF INFORMATION
OC may share information about your use of the App and information collected from you in the course of using the App. OC does NOT sell or rent your information. The ways that OC may share your information include but are not limited to the following ways:
- OC may share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers, licensees including law firms, and others who process data on our behalf and subject to strict data protection requirements. OC may share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests. Examples of such sharing, may include, but are not limited to, the sharing of information with third-party server operators in order to store the information. Similarly, information may be contained in emails that are hosted by third-party email hosts and/or clients. At no time will OC share this information for advertising or marketing purposes. Rather this sharing of information is solely to facilitate the operation of the App.
- OC may share your personal information and information collected during your use of the App with a law firm who is licensed to receive such information by OC. The information shared will be used to properly identify you and your use of the App. This sharing is also to facilitate feedback.
- OC may share information when OC believes it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our EULA, to enforce the EULA, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the App.
- OC may share information when OC determines that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the App and our users or when it is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
V. DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER
When you use App on a device, data you generate by your use of the App may be stored locally on the device. Personal information and information collected during you use of the App will also be stored on servers and potentially, OC’s website. The servers may be owned and operated by OC or any related or contracted entities. The information on the website may be available for access by the user, OC, or licensed law firms. Personal information and information collected during the use of the App is destroyed after one year.
OC is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Moreover, OC has no ability to protect your information once it is outside the control of OC. Thus, you acknowledge that you use the App at your own risk.